Friday, December 31, 2010

Busting at the Seams

Christmas was a little crazy for us this year. We moved out of the apartment and then managed to spend time with both of our families. We really did have a good time but things just flew by. We first spent four days before Christmas moving and it felt like it took us FOOREEVVER to get all of our things moved. I will say that when moving and realizing all the "things" we have I realized and could not help but think about how we are abundantly blessed. But I will admit when we started I got a little overwhelmed but as the days progressed we finally got it all taken care of and when I say got it all taken care of that means we got to the point where we became completely apathetic and all organization flew out the window so by the last load we just began throwing any and everything big or small in the bed of Zach's truck. Yep that's right, like loose books, jewelry, towels, etc. But like I said we got it all taken care of and maybe the phrase taken care should really be it was just finally over. Our parent's came and helped with the moving process and now our things are seriously everywhere. Furniture is at his parents, all boxes are at my parents and now all of our clothes and everything else is at my sisters house and hence the title of this blog post we are busting at the seams in this bedroom. But we are super thankful for the Martin Family allowing us to shake up their world for a little while. Here are some pictures of our cozy little bedroom:


Don't let the cleanliness fool you there are things literally stuffed under every piece of furniture that you can see in this pic!



Out of control!!!!       


Okay now moving on to Christmas. For Christmas Eve we went to Zach's house and hung out with his family. This was different from last year. Last year we spent Christmas just me and Zach and went to a candlelight service. This was my first year in my 25 years that I did not go to a Candlelight service on Christmas eve... yea I know poor poor pitiful me but it was different for me. We did have a really great time with Zach's family and I always laugh a lot when we are with them. We then woke up Christmas morning around 6:45 yes you heard me right (well early for me at least) and hit the ground running. We went around to all the cousins houses and watched their children open gifts. This was really fun and they got some awesome things even though they are boys ages 3 to 10 they got some things even I was a little jealous of :). We opened gifts at Mawmaws' and then had lunch. After this we went straight to my grandmothers and spent time with my family and opened more gifts and ate even more ahhhh!!! My stomach hurts just thinking about it all! Then we headed to my parents with my oldest sister, her husband, and our two roomies (reminder: niece and nephew) to stay the night and do our Christmas with my immediate side of the family. That next morning we rested for a while and then opened gifts. Technology is awesome because we got to open gifts with my pregs middle sister that lives all the way out in the big AZ with her hubs by using SKYPE! Later we ate lunch then went to see my other grandmother who is in a nursing home and we showered her with gifts and spent some good family time with her. So not that you all were just dying to know but that is how our crazy Christmas went.
Zach and I did not get much for each other on actual Christmas because this was our early Christmas gift to one another:

Yep Merry Christmas to us!   






 We really feel like "grown-ups" now because we were pumped about purchasing a washer and dryer...Lame we know but aren't they fabulous!

However even though we did not really get each other gifts I received these as my Christmas gift the day before Christmas:

I was so excited and absolutely loved them!!! (They are little worn now b/c I just took this picture on the 31st!)  


Well I guess this post is long enough (SIKE) it's so long but I hope you enjoy. I hope that everyone had a blessed Christmas and had time to slow down and remember what this amazing season is really all about!
Thanks be to God for sending his Son to be the Savior of me and this relentless and pitiful world!

Stay tuned there is more to come!

1 comment:

The Burks said...

Aimee! I stumbled upon your blog! Hope you and the hubby are doing well!