Monday, December 6, 2010

Can We Build It? Yes We Can!

There are quite a few things to go in this post. But this is the first thing...... We are going to build a home!!!! We are so excited about this and excited about finally having a place of our own. For those of you who don't know I am currently working at Mississippi College as a Resident Director and in Student Counseling Services and Z and I have lived in dorm apartment for the first year and a half of our marriage but I was recently called by First Baptist Jackson Madison campus to be their full time children's minister and with a lot of prayer and quite a process we said yes!! We fully trust that this is where God has led us and couldn't be more excited! After this we had to begin the process of looking for a home. While looking we came across this great little neigborhood called Oakwood Glen and discovered that we knew the builder of the homes in this little neighborhood (the connection we had was that I taught his son for the one year that I taught preschool). We began talking with him and he started leading us in this building process. What he does in this little neighborhood is he builds homes that you can afford and they are directed at younger couples and families. He builds the home for you to grow into and have a bigger home for later down the road. So we took him up on it and now we have started the process. It has taken me a while to get used to the idea that we are building a home but now I can say it and be super excited!! The design of the homes in this neighborhood are Craftsman style Bungalows and I love older homes and older looking homes, so needless to say I am kinda pumped about this aspect of the house too!

(This is our Lot with the nice sold sign!)



Hopefully they will start building by January and the house will be completed in May. My start date at the church is January 1st so now you are thinking and asking, "Where are you guys going to live for 5 months?" Well, I am glad you asked or thought that.... We will be living with my sister and brother in law that live here in Clinton. They have graciously opened their home up to us and we are pretty excited because Z and I will get to be roomies with our niece and nephew. During this whole process Z will continue to teach, coach, and get his masters. So I guess we are going to be busy bees this next semester and your thoughts and prayers would be very much coveted! I will try to keep you all informed as this continues.











These are roomies!! We will all live on the same hall! :)

(They are super cute, We know!! )


Aimee

1 comment:

Scott Taylor said...

If you are going to blog. I'm going to have to strongly suggest two things:
1) Occasional photos of a mustachioed Zach.
2) Regularly scheduled Wheel of Time related posts from Zach.

These two things will ensure faithful readership for a long time to come.

Proud to be your first commenter.